Terms & Conditions
Shopping Options: Made-To-Order and Custom Designed Shoes
Custom Designed Items are bride-inspired. To date, we custom design wedding shoes, wedding sashes, veils, and hair accessories.
Through this option, brides work one-on-one with a member of our design team to design their dream wedding shoes and wedding accessories. Pricing for this category varies greatly depending on the elements. Please also note that the pricing does include all of our communication — from the design process to progress emails along the way in which we send you photos of your items so that you can see how they’re coming together.
Pricing for custom wedding shoes averages about $285 + shipping, but we have done shoes under $200 and up to $1,200! Pricing for custom sashes and hair accessories are generally under $150 + shipping.
See below for return, exchange and cancellation policies.
If you would like to browse our Made-To-Order Wedding Shoe designs, please visit our Etsy Shop.
Shipping Times; Delivery Methods & Rush Options
We ship domestically and internationally using USPS Priority Mail and UPS Mail Innovations (both trackable methods). Shipping insured up to $50. Additional shipping insurance is available for purchase.
Made-to-Order Items (found in our Etsy Shop) generally ship within 4-6 weeks of purchase. Shipping typically takes 2-3 business days for U.S.-domestic orders and 14-21 days for International orders.
Custom-Designed Items generally ship within 6-8 weeks of purchase. Shipping typically takes 2-3 business days for U.S.-domestic orders and 14-21 days for International orders.
We do offer Rush Orders. Rush Orders for Made-to-Order and Custom-Designed Items are as follows:
- Made-to-Order Items needed in less than 4 weeks can (domestic only) can be rushed for an additional $25. Made-to-Order Items needed in less than 5 weeks (international orders) can be rushed for an additional $25.
- Custom-Designed Items needed in less than 6 weeks can (domestic only) can be rushed for an additional $50. Made-to-Order Items needed in less than 7 weeks (international orders) can be rushed for an additional $50.
Some international destinations assess duties, fees and taxes for the importation of goods. These fees are a buyer responsibility. Ellie Wren does not collect and remit these fees.
Returns, Exchanges and Cancellations
As you know by the time you’ve spent planning your wedding, wedding work is hard work! The same is true of designing and creating custom wedding accessories. As such, we do have some terms and conditions that will apply to your Made-to-Order and/or Custom-Designed Items.
- Made-to-Order and Custom-Designed Item orders may not be cancelled after they are placed.
- We do not accept returns or exchanges of Made-to-Order and Custom-Designed Items
- If you do not send us a swatch to match your Custom-Designed Item, we will color match to our color palette. This palette is presented to you on a computer screen and it’s worth noting that colors on a computer screen may vary from monitor to monitor. If you do want to send us a custom swatch, we can match to that.
- Please note that all shoes are dyed to match in indoor lighting; you might notice your shoes taking on a slightly different hue outside.
- Our shoes do run pretty true to size, but if you’re concerned about the fit of your shoes and you’re in the U.S., you can participate in our Perfect Fit program.
- If your item is a Custom-Designed Item, we will send you photos as the design progresses and/or when the design is completed and ready to ship.
- Please note that with Made-to-Order and Custom-Designed Items there may be slight variations from your completed items and those you’ve seen pictures of online. For example, with handmade flowers, petal placement and shape may vary. In some cases to get your color matches, we must use slightly different materials. We will do our best to get your item exactly as you want it, but we do reserve the right to do minor substitutions.
- We can do minor adjustments to Custom-Designed Items after photos have been sent without a charge, but if you request substantial changes from your original request (i.e. you decide that you want orange flowers instead of ivory), we do have a 25% redesign fee that will apply.
- As with all satin shoes you should take care not to get them wet. Dyeable satin shoes are not colorfast. With dark dye colors (such as blue, purple and red) you may experience some “rub” on your feet when you first wear the shoes. This is normal and will rinse off with some soap and water. We do offer water-resistant coating which will help to protect the shoes against moisture.
- If you do not send us a swatch to match, we will color match to our color palette. This palette is presented to you on a computer screen and it’s worth noting that colors on a computer screen may vary from monitor to monitor. If you do want to send us a custom swatch, we can match to that.
- If your item is a new concept (i.e. an item that isn’t based on something we’ve done before), we will email you photos before the shoes ship.